Curbside Cuisine and Colorado Springs Urban Intervention are pleased to announce the Adopt-a-Trough Program for the Curbside Cuisine Food Truck Park in Downtown Colorado Springs.
Just because you do not operate a Food Truck does not mean that there is not an opportunity for you to be involved in Curbside Cuisine! We are offering businesses and individuals the opportunity to have a place to grow flowers, plants or produce in Downtown Colorado Springs.
Beginning on Saturday, May 11 (only 4 days prior to the Grand Opening of Curbside Cuisine), Colorado Springs Urban Intervention will provide the use of planter troughs strategically located in and around Curbside Cuisine. The troughs have an approximate dimension of 2-ft tall, 3-ft wide and 8-ft in length (as seen in the image below).
Duration: May 11 – November 11
Maintenance: Curbside Cuisine will provide weekly maintenance of the troughs through a landscape maintenance contractor. If the sponsor would like to maintain the trough themselves, the sponsorship fee may be cut in half*.*If the plants are not maintained and are no longer presentable, we reserve the right to offer the trough to someone else. A seven-day notice will be given in the instance that this occurs. The sponsorship sign will be removed and a refund will not be granted to the sponsor.
Cost: $800 One Time Cost (or $400 if the sponsor would like to provide their own maintenance*).
What is Provided:
- Horse trough with soil ready for plant material (location will be determined on a first come/first serve basis beginning at 3 pm on Saturday, May 11). Email us at SpringsUrbanIntervention@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.
- Water will be provided one time per week through a landscape maintenance contractor. When additional water is necessary for the plants, it will be the responsibility of the trough sponsor.
- Sign stand that will be within the trough that can hold a laminated sign. See signs from Better Block Pikes Peak below for examples.
What will you need to Provide?:
- Company logo and/or desired sponsorship text.
- Plant Material and organic mulch for the troughs. If produce is desired to be planted, we recommend the use of a plastic liner. Advance notice shall be given to Colorado Springs Urban Intervention in this instance.
- Any subsequent water and/or maintenance for the plant material.
Plant Material Recommendations and Restrictions:
1. We recommend the use of xeric plant material for the troughs that will require little maintenance. Flowering plants that require “dead-heading” will be the responsibility of the trough sponsor.
2. Noxious weeds and/or other illegal plant material will not be acceptable plants for the troughs.
Email us at SpringsUrbanIntervention@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.